Monday, June 13, 2011

My energizer bunny at 20mo

There! I made my first edible installation with decorating icing and white bread.

I have been grousing to some girlfriends lately about Kit's reluctance to talk. Like all good girlfriends, they reassured me that everything is well and asked me to think positive.

Like all mummies, we have all thumbed through parenting literature and asked other mummies for their opinions or help when we encounter problems. From breast feeding, sleep training, potty training, disciplining, weaning, to... OMG, will the list never end?! And the number of experts out there telling you what's right and what's wrong is just mind boggling.

Today, I decided to forget about what I perceive is a problem and just, oh well, focus on the positive. At 20mo, Kit loves to babble with a cheeky grin on his face. He has decided talking is not important (since his mummy understands him well enough) and focus on other skills like climbing and running so that he fall into prickly bushes and muddy patches, feel what it's like to have water in his face and rushing up his nose when he jumps into the baby pool, and getting his wind knocked out of him as he runs straight into a crashing wave. All the things Kai didn't dare to do at 19mo because he was focused on another set of skills, talking.

I feel better now. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...